Author Topic: Centre stand catches chain  (Read 1190 times)

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Centre stand catches chain
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
Hi
Looking at finally the chain on my 750
It looks like when the centre stand goes up it will catch on the chain
Is there meant to be a stop on the stand bracket ? As I never had the stand before
I bought the frame with the stand and my other 750 hasn't a centre stand so I can't look at that
Anyone got any photos u can put on of the chain / stand set up ?

Thanks

Amos
Amos

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Centre stand catches chain
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
StAnd stop is on the lower exhaust of the original set, if you dont have tohse you will have to make one that bolts on the rear footrest mount

Offline H2Eric

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
Hi Amos

I've read about this problem before, perhaps on the US site so a search may reveal the solution. It's a common problem I believe with after market exhaust systems (assuming you can still fit the centre stand) as the rubber stop on the standard exhaust is obviously no longer there. I bought a rolling chassis from DK a few years back and that had a small bracket attached to the frame where the clamping bolts for the centre stand go thus preventing the stand from going up too far. I think it was fitted on the right hand side. I'm sure I've still got it somewhere, but a quick look in the garage revealed nothing. It' too cold in there for any extensive searches. It was made from a piece of flat stainless approx an inch wide, 2 inches long and about 1/8 of an inch thick with a hole at one end for the clamp bolt to pass through.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Eric

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
Thanks
That's helps I thought I wasn't going mad . Ill make a bracket up so it stops the stand from catching
I have a shortened pipe on mine so all the original stuff has been cut off

Thanks again

Amos
Amos

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal