Author Topic: NRP Carbs - make suer you stipulate VITON o-rings when ordering  (Read 2915 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
NRP Carbs - make suer you stipulate VITON o-rings when ordering
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
Just had a bit of a nightmare with NRP carbs....

Purchased some CB360g  float bowl gaskets / o-rings from them back in Dec. Good pre-sales service / quick delivery.

However, removed the bowls from the bike today to adjust the float heights a little & they literally popped out as I was removing the bowls. The o-rings were so swollen they must have grown in length by 20-30%.

Rang NRP - advised to put them under a radiator to 'return back to normal size' - I questioned again & asked them to check exactly what had been delivered to me.

Turns out they had supplied non fuel resistant o-rings (i.e. not VITON). I clearly stipulated at the point of sale what these were for & asked if they were fuel resistant. They said they 'picked' the wrong parts.

I'm not saying they're  a bad seller by any means - I know they're a good, solid company to deal with and they're sending me replacements in the post today....

Just make sure you're clear when ordering from them. More of a heads-up than anything.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:24:37 PM by Jamesh_sussex »

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: NRP Carbs - make suer you stipulate VITON o-rings when ordering
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
Just called NRP chasing where the replacements are (promised they sent them in the post when I initially rang).

Turns out they don't have them in stock & are waiting for replacements to come in before sending out to me (after telling me twice they were in the post).

I asked why they didn't call me to let me know of the delay - their reply "yeah we probably should have done that, sorry".

Not impressed.....in fact fuc*ing annoyed.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: NRP Carbs - make suer you stipulate VITON o-rings when ordering
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »
Yes i would rather be told the truth than , a load of bullshit

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal