Author Topic: Instrument mounting?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline buxtonmick

• I must be mad
    • View Profile
Instrument mounting?
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
If anyone gets a chance could they possibly help me out as to how the clocks fit onto that weird bracket.  I don't know if It's the cold, tiredness, old age or I'm just thick but I could not figure out how they fit!  :o

Ta, Mick.

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Instrument mounting?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »
A bit more detail as to what the problem is would help but my first thoughts are have you mixed up the instrument cups. they are 'handed'. The cups have a flat portion where they are secured and both those portions need to be towards the centre of the bracket. Might be the best plan to fit the cups to the bracket before securing the instruments in them.

Offline buxtonmick

• I must be mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
Thanks for that Kent, I went back in today and it's quite obvious how they fit!  I just couldn't see it the other day, presume my brain had had enough of the cold...

a couple of other things now - I cannot get the nuts to fully capture the clocks when fitted in the cups.  The clocks are loose when the nuts are fully tightened, any ideas?
The other thing is just how the harness routes along  the frame & how it fits through the 'upside down hanger' that's on the tank stub.

Thanks again, Mick.

Offline ashewan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:02:47 PM »
Hi,
I had a similar problem with the speedo/tacho being loose, got a solution and removed the listing.
It was suggested I fit new cushions, I did and it all fit really nice, solid but with the that bit of play.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal