Author Topic: NEW JOINER IN POOLE, DORSET: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Branston5

• View Profile
NEW JOINER IN POOLE, DORSET: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »
Hello Folks,http://

New Year's Resolution (one of many) is to refurbish my trusty old CB750 K7 and then see what I might make with the shed full of other bits I have accumulated in preparation for The Big Push.

Motivated and encouraged by others who have documented their efforts, I have made a start.  However, instead of stripping parts and polishing and cleaning, the first thing I have to do is build a decent place to work in.  I am just about at the stage where I can pour concrete to make a workshop floor, and I have filled four builders skips with rubble just to get that far!

I hope to get going on the bike itself by the start of March, and will no doubt be on these pages asking lots of junior level questions very shortly after that.  Here's hoping that plenty of misguided optimism, along with the huge amount of knowledge to be gained on these forums, will overcome my complete lack of  mechanical or practical skills.

No pictures yet; (if you've seen one building site, you've seen them all),  but I will try to do at least a 'before and after' comparison once I get going on the bike itself.

(And please get in touch if you are local and need any topsoil!)

Dave P
(Branston5)

Offline gasman

• View Profile
Re: NEW JOINER IN POOLE, DORSET: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
Hi Dave
Welcome to the club, real good place, I am just up the road from you, come and say hello, just rebuilt a k5 from nuts and bolts, many bad nights sleep, but worthwhile,
regards neal---gasman
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:29:30 PM by gasman »

Offline Branston5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »
Hi Neal,

Thanks.  Once I've got my posh shed built I will definitely start touching base with other addicts locally, especially when I'm in need of inspiration.

Aim is just to tidy up the first K7; it's 100% original and in very good nick.  I then have 90% of an identical bike (turdy brown) but no frame.  I'm not sure whether to make a 'matched pair' or to use the parts to try and build something a little more exotic.

I love the thought of designing/building a Cafe Racer, but that would be a big leap for a complete novice.

I look forward to meeting up later in the year.

Dave P

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:20:26 PM »
Hi Dave welcome aboard
Pete

Offline sweetpeauk

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:26:03 PM »
Hi Dave,Neal,
I also live in Poole, so a local meetup could be in order. Just about finished a 400/4 just waiting for the paint to come back.
CB400F
CB400F2
RVF400
XT500D
CB900F2C
GS1000GT
XS1100E

Offline Branston5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:26:50 PM »
Blimey,

Looks like I have been surrounded already. Look forward to meeting up with all of you locals and, with luck, getting at least one bike up and running in time for this summer.

Dave P

Offline Steph550

• SOHC Associate
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
Hi Branston,

I didn't realise there were so many of us Honda Four addicts in the area! I'm in Ringwood so not far from you either, I have a 550F2 and would definitely be up for a local meet somewhere once Summer arrives :D

Steph.

1977 Honda CB550F2
1966 Honda CB77
1968 Triumph Tiger 90
1999 Honda VFR800Fi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal