Author Topic: Newbie Carb Question  (Read 855 times)

Offline JB373

• View Profile
Newbie Carb Question
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
Hello all - as the tittle suggests I am total newbie to SOHC, I have been on the look out for a cafe project for some time now and the perfect bike has now come available for me - a '73 CB750 however it is missing the carbs and air box and all rubbers etc. I have done a search for buy a new set with not much luck - so I have some questions:

- Is it realistic to buy a used set in reasonable condition and for a reasonable price?
- Are there new aftermarket carbs available - if so where would I look?
- Do you have to run an airbox or can filters be used?
- Should I wait or a more complete bike as I am a novice at this?

Any suggestions or comments would be gratefully recieved
Thanks

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Carb Question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »
Finding the carbs should be easy enough, every ones idea of a reasonable price is different, think around the hundred pound mark anything less is a bonus, aftermarket carbs for these are more for tuning and cost loads
You can set up your carbs to run K&N's, different size jets are all over the internet
How incomplete is your bike, you will find most of these classics need work even when you spend a few grand
There are loads of 750 owners on here , you should be able to get all the info and know how to do your bike up, its easy if you take your time
Pete

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
Re: Newbie Carb Question
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »
The carbs will depend on which K series engine you have, post your engine No's (omit the last 3 no's) once I have the engine number I can then post the stamped number  on the carbs & jet sizes that you are looking for

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal