Author Topic: replica exhausts  (Read 1410 times)

Offline mancman

• View Profile
replica exhausts
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:47:32 AM »
has anyone seen the replica 4into4 exhausts on sale by ds and cmsl (netherlands),£ 600- £700.  i presume like all things metal these days they will be made in china etc, so what is the quality like ?  thanks garry

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: replica exhausts
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »
Hi Garry
I have had two sets of pipes from DS I paid £500 for the first set about a year ago and they were excellent.I then decided to buy another set for my other k1 as I noticed the price going up and paid £700  :o
when I opened the box I was instantly disappointed every pipe was dented and scratched and someone new about it as the damage was highlighted with a pen.
DS gave me some cock and bull about sending pipes from a seconds pile ::)  The boxes had been butchered with a knife to hide where they were from  ??? The replacement pipes they sent where much better but not quite as good as the first.
I believe they are from Taiwan as  most of DS pattern parts come from there
Mick   
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
Hi Guys
I had a set from silvers--the finish on them is brilliant, really pleased with them. I have some friends in the states who have also had them, again very pleased.Its interesting the different stories behind them, if you listen to everyone, you could write a book a foot thick The common story in the states is they are made by the original manufacturer but were not allowed to be stamped as such, good old honda getting a " bag on" there is a similiar story about the new cbx system, I personally dont care, they make my bikes including the cbx look good, infact I am about to get another set. The price is right-for lets face it, a product that was never excellently made, they rotted out to quick.
regards neal

Offline mancman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:20 PM »
thanks guys. that is always the problem with pattern parts isnt it . you just dont know what level of quality your going to get from one batch  to another ! one things for sure though, the price of these pipes are only ever going up ! i think i better bite the bullet and get some .  garry

Offline BobbyR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »
Honda was selling "official" exhausts for a short time here in the U.S. The complaints were the same, dents and poor quality chrome. I would imagine Honda is also sourcing parts from Vietnam, China or even India. My friend has replica parts for British cars. He found an outfit in India. I work for a Japanese Company and they are not above buying parts in the 3rd World and some of them are junk. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal