Author Topic: airbox to carb rubbers....question!  (Read 2508 times)

Offline singleoverheadbraincell

• View Profile
airbox to carb rubbers....question!
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
Hi,

would be grateful if anyone can help me with this query. I have a  1977 550K3 and need a new airbox to carb rubber. On the David Silver website they are not listed for the K3 but are listed (as a set) for the 1977 F2 Super Sport. I presume they would fit my K3? In the photo (on the website) they look like the right ones. Can anyone enlighten me? I only need one by the way (#4 pot) but looks like I need to buy the set.

SOHBC

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: airbox to carb rubbers....question!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
the K3 rubbers are different to all other 550s due to using different carbs. I dont think they are available in the uk, but I managed to get a set from the US but can't remember the details, will try to find them and post details. Regards, Mick
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
that'd be great Mick, thanks

Liam

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »
I think they might fit with perswasion, I'm fairly sure that whilst different I have used 500 parts on my 550k3 and vise versa. I'd have to measure to be 100% sure what I've done /is possible. I do know the rubbers are longer on the k3 then the 500 but I think spacings and diameters are the same so stuff can be fitted by bending a few braketts as I recall.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »
I can't find any trace of where i bought them, i think it was via ebay or the US sohc site, i think he was just a man in a shed but did a good job reproducing rubber items.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
They are Hand made by a man in the states in batches, if i can find the link i will post it, and no matter what you do the DS500 ones won't fit---believe me i tried!!

Offline m13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:41:19 PM »
Ask Paul at mybluebike2004@yahoo.com he can probably help you.
Good luck.

Offline daz

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Honda CB 550K0 1974,  Honda CB500X 2020

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »
thats the bloke who i got them from, but i see on his website he stopped producing them as the rubber was not ethenol resistant, although fuel should not come into contact to any great extent.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 06:41:53 AM »
Its the carb to head insulators he has stopped, i think the airbox to carb he still does, it's worth an email to find out, and yes that is the one i was talking about

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
apologies to all contributors for not voicing my gratitude for your help before now on this issue........I did contact Paul at classicmotorcyclesolution.com and he apparently is able to help me. He has returned my email as per verbatim below which may be useful to anyone looking for airbox to carb rubber connectors (not to be confused with carb to inlet manifold)....he is going to send me the one connector that I need but postage is understandably quite expensive (from USA) so if anyone needs one, let me know and I can get it sent with mine if you like and I can post it on to you....

Hi Liam, I should be able help you out. I'm still producing the air box connectors, but the carb insulators are on hold. I usually sell the connectors for $30.00 for a set of four, plus shipping. I can sell you just one if want, but the shipping will be about the same. The last set I sent to the UK was about $18.00 for shipping. I accept paypal and if you'd like, I can send a paypal invoice. If you only want one, I can sell it for $8.50. If you do want one, please let me know the over all length of the connector. Thanks for the inquiry.

...............Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal