Author Topic: its early days  (Read 1351 times)

ka-ja

its early days
« on: March 16, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
Hi All,
        Its early days, but everyone starts somewhere, I am lucky, I have been there before.

ka-ja

Re: its early days
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 03:59:56 PM »
I almost forgot an example of the paintwork     ken

Online Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
Are those Amal carbs you are putting on it or just boxes to prop things up for piccies.

Also what the TTS forever bit on your listings. Did you work there?

Tim

One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

ka-ja

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
Hi Tim,
          Yes, the Amals are going on to replace a tin full of corroded Amal bits, and no I haven't/don't work for TTS. I am a little unusual in that I have owned the bike since the late 70's, and I gave it the cafe-racer with a modified semi-race engine in the mid eighties, and TTS did the gas flowing work on the cylinder head along with boring to 460cc, they also balanced the bottom end and supplied the yoshimura pistons and  1/2 race cam.
          I was impressed with their workmanship and friendliness at the time, although I think they are a much bigger concern now.
          I only stripped the engine because along with the bike, it had been stored in a damp outhouse for20+ years, any thing chrome had gone, along with oxydising alloy

Online Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
Yes TTS are a good crew. They built a big bore 750 DOHC motor for me, cams, flowed head etc. - then set it up on their rolling road. A beast!

Seem to remember the main man was Richard?
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

ka-ja

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
Hi Tim,
          AS already self described as old and senile (must be if I am keeping rearsets and clipons) I can't remember any names-----ken that far back, the first time I went there, they were in Towchester, mine never got on the rolling road as I was working abroad

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal