Author Topic: Have you seen it  (Read 2574 times)

Offline cabit

• View Profile
Have you seen it
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
Hi Guy's
I'm looking for my old CB550F1 reg CUC 276V in Blue,i sold it on in 1985 and would like to buy it back any info would be good

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Have you seen it
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »
Cabit
wish you luck with your search but I have been looking for my old CB750 I would pay over the odds for her but not all old Honda bike owners are not on this site dont know why because even though I do not know any of the members I feel if I did they would be my mates.Great bunch of guys.Good luck
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline cabit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »
Thanks, i feel like you i would pay a high price to get the bike back even if it's just the frame and engine,i will be fifty in june it will make a special project i was motorcycle courier in central London in the 80's the bike never let me down,i have tried one of these on web site companies that carryout a search and the result was it's not been scrapped or written off but i don't know how reliable there information is,now it's on my mind i am going to do a bit more searching good luck with you search

Offline Ewan 500 K1

• SOHC Pro
  • jings crivens help ma boab
    • View Profile
    • Adams Bros Probe 2001
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »
still appears in DVLA records, although its not been taxed since 1986.  See https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/home/intro?skin=businesslink  ... clck on the vehicle enquiry tab
jings crivens help ma boab

500K1/550K3 mongrel cafe racer project for now at http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,4120.0.html

500K1 basket case for later

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
As a previous registered owner DVLA MIGHT let you have a copy of all the owners, i think the fee is £5

Offline cabit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
Thanks guy's for the info i would love to get the old girl back, the search i got back showed it's last owner change was in 1985, i am going to ask dvla if they are willing to pass my details on to the current owner

Offline cabit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
Hi all,
I did contact DVLA with a covering letter stating that i owned it during the early 80's but the reply was we can not give you the present registered keeper details,now if i had contacted them saying i had been involved in a hit and run with the same reg number they would have given me the details,i would have had to report the hit and run at a police station to gain a crime number,makes you think?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal