Author Topic: Primary drive rubbers  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Primary drive rubbers
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
Hi Guys,
A little while ago one of our members wrote about the rubbers in the primary drive gear ending up breaking into bits and could lead to other problems.I personally have never seen so much crap on the oil pump filter.Could anybody say what the symptoms it would cause bad vibration etc. This only came to mind while surfing eBay see http://www.eBay.de/itm/Primarruckdampfer-Honda-CB-750-Four-Motor-Getriebe-CB-500-550-Four-/221206209764?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item3380eae4e4.You may have to copy and paste to see.
Also could this be mistaken for knackered chain guides rollers etc if you do not know about this.Would like to hear your comments.Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Primary drive rubbers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
Thanks oddjob but do I assume right that the noisy tickover is far louder than the average clutch rattle(goes away when pulled in)?It must sound like a bag of spanners when that bad and not a nice ride.I have seen some photos on the sister site showing real bad crud on the pump screen.When that happens do you scrap the motor because new parts not available or are there company's out there that rebuild them?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Primary drive rubbers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »
Again oddjob cheers for the info
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal