Author Topic: Primary drive srocket  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Primary drive srocket
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
Hi Guys
Going on further about this sprocket that I ignored most of my life until now albeit discontinued can anyone tell me why the part number for a k2 is different to a k6? Thought they were all the same and the price if found almost doubled.Wtf is different or am I missing something?
Cheers
Bitsa
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:31:22 PM by bitsa »
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Primary drive srocket
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
Cheers oddjob nice one
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »
oddjob
according to msnl for a k4 its 23110 300 030 cost 474 EURO
for the k6 23110 392 000  269 Euro if both were available
Whats the difference?
Bitsa

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
ODDJOB,
Yes I think they were not supposed to be changed I think Honda wanted to sell the whole sprocket as a replacement make more money that way but they have discontinued them like the exhausts(real good business sense I think not).Anyway cheers for your input.
Bitsa

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »
Never changed one, as its originally riveted I can see why it was only sold as a complete assembly, as to differences I really don't know, possibly a different number of teeth for a different primary ratio. Might be worth asking on the US site if anybody knows what the difference is also try emailing Western Hills Honda as they have found obsolete stock for me in the past. If you have time try trawling motogrid site to see if any of the associated parts like chains and bearings altered plus if you go to your local dealer with the numbers the old price list used to tell you if a part had been superseded.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
Bryanj.

Thanks for that I will do that.At the moment I am happy with both my engines k4 and k6 but I am curious about all this.Back in the 70s when I attended a Honda training course for CB750.500 and the 400 this was not spoken about not to my knowledge and since never heard of until recently.
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal