Author Topic: Warning lights(I refuse to call these idiot lights)  (Read 907 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Warning lights(I refuse to call these idiot lights)
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
Hi Guys,
Picked this up at a local bike bootfair but did not realise I think is for a 500/4 am I right?Yes I know I can change the jewel layout and  fit a new decal but before I do this is it of any use to all members?Prepared to sell or willing to swap for a 750 one.Over to you guys.The reason for not calling them idiot lights is because over the years I have watched people carry on riding with disastrous results.In 1976 at midnight my oil light came on.As a mechanic I stopped dead took out the filler cap and with the aid of a fag lighter revved the crap and saw oil returning and thinking what the shit guaranteed rode her home.Turned out to be a dodgy oil pressure switch.So no they are not idiot lights Honda put them there for a reason.
Cheers
Bitsa
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:45:48 PM by bitsa »
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Warning lights(I refuse to call these idiot lights)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:33:38 AM »
not necessarily 500, the order of the lights changed at a time point and only the later ones are available now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal