Author Topic: New member in London  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Rimmer

• View Profile
New member in London
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »
Dear members, fellow bikers and bikeresses,

It began about 3 months ago when I woke up one morning and decided that I couldn't carry on riding my Tmax (that's a 2010 500cc scooter by Yamaha) everyday to work. The Tmax works fantastically well, it's got a boot to store a full face helmet, a leg cover for the cold and rain, it's low maintenance, it's ideal to commute on but.....it's sooooooo boring!
I've been riding everyday (or just about) for the past 12y, had several bikes (several Yamaha fazers, a Suzuki SV), several scooters more recently, and had convinced myself that bikes (and manual gears) where not adapted to commuting.
All that went out the window that morning when I decided that I needed a ride with character, something with a soul that would be like an extension of myself. Perhaps it's also because in a couple of years I'll be 40, but that's another story...

I eventually set my mind on a Honda CB 750 - mostly because I like the builds of Steelbent customs. I found a 1977 F1 with 15,000 miles on ebay and bought it. It's just spent 2 months with Rex at Victory/Untitled in Camden who did a great job on it and kept my it to the budget agreed. I picked it up 2 weeks ago - it's fantastic, my life has changed! It's great to ride and when it's parked I can't stop looking at it !

Pic attached - although there has been another mod today when I had Rex fit a K model oil tank, it looks much much better, I'll upload another pic soon.

I have a several more modifications in mind and will look forward to getting advice and guidance from the forums.
Perhaps someday I can even contribute!

Thanks
Rimmer

Offline Norniron

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: New member in London
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »
Really nice rimmer.good luck with her
1977 400 cafe
1972 500/4
2013 triumph STR675

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:36:18 AM »
Hi Rimmer welcome to the forum, nice looking bike you have , are you going to commute this bike or is it a sunday rider?
where abouts in london are you
Pete

Offline spookycooky

• She turned her lovers into lampshades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »
Welcome. Great looking bike.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
Welcome, nice bike, although I'm sure a black and silver number plate is illegal on anything registered after 1973, so don't be surprised if you get aggro from plod! :(
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Rimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
Thanks for the welcome messages guys and sorry for the delay in responding I was expecting email notification

@ hairygit: yes I understand it is not totally legal, but a yellow plate would just spoil the look! I have kept the yellow one just in case, from what I understand chances of getting in trouble are small, ie. usually law enforcement is not too well aware of this 73 rule, and so they probably won't be able to tell. But the risk is there, sure.

@UK Pete: thanks. I'm in Battersea. How about yourself? Attending the bike shed on the 18-19th May?
I am commuting on this bike, which is pretty nice these days!

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
You can set notifications on replies to your thread. You can subscribe to threads or boards and get a daily summary or immediate emails.

Try a few and see what works for you.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »
Hi Rimmer, i am in sidcup, as for the bike shed i have never heard of it but might check it out

Offline Rimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 01:06:55 PM »
Got it Steve, thanks.

Regarding the bike shed, it's all here: http://thebikeshed.cc/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal