Author Topic: perfect weekend  (Read 1707 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
perfect weekend
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
For the last few weeks i have been working my way through my bikes recommisioning them back on the road for the summer, i now have 6 bikes all taxed and mot'ed, the best achievment was my Rickman kawasaki, the thing has had problems since i bought it, and last october i put it in the garage and forgot about it , i was going to sell it if i could not get it running as i wanted, anyway i put new coils on it stripped and rebuilt the carbs, done the points, timed it with a strobe, and balanced the carbs,
Well F me i got it running as sweet as it ever will, it ticks over a 600rpm and runs absolutely smooth and crisp
So saturday i took all my bikes out one by one, this lasted the whole day i was in heaven really enjoying myself, then sunday i went up the oakdene cafe, to give the rickman another run, then today i done the margate meltdown run, from ace cafe to margate on my rickman , a perfect three days of biking was had by me
My Rickman Kawasaki

Pete
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:01:06 PM by UK Pete »

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: perfect weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:03:35 AM »
Looking good Pete  8), its amazing what a bit of bike therapy can do for you  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »
What a weekend for it as well Pete, it couldn't have been better could it.
It's good to hear you got some good bike time and sucess in getting them running well, nice to see that Rickman out as well.....they are a really lovely frame as well.
No bikes for me last weekend but envious of those who must have enjoyed it, I like seeing all the different bikes out as you get to see alot more interesting stuff when the weather's good....but my kids get bored with me hanging around bike stops on the way to and from doing something of interest for them.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »
Yes i am really enjoying it at moment, luckily my kids are in their 20,s so i get plenty of me time, even the missis gets on the back of whatever i am riding and comes out when its not raining
Pete

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
I had a perfect weekend as well.
Working on my workshop all day Saturday repairing the back wall, then up to Hesket Newmarket on Sunday to the VMCC gathering.
A little Honda drew a lot of attention ! ;D
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »
Yes that is a paraffin burning jet engine! You could have heard it in Keswick. ;D ;D
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »
That is unbelievable, i suppose some people do it just because they can
Glad you also had a good weekend, the spring summer vibe is kicking in big time for me
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal