Author Topic: any links for inner tubes  (Read 909 times)

MIKE550/4

any links for inner tubes
« on: May 29, 2013, 07:56:36 AM »
and rim tape

for 550 k3

also found that companies don't like to fit tyres I have bought elsewhere, what sort of price should I be paying to fit tyres ?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: any links for inner tubes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »
Got loads of new tubes in my garage  mate cost about £5 each plus postage if you can't get any localy as to fitting i would expect a 1 hour charge at whatever rate they ae on--NOT CHEAP

MIKE550/4

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
Yeah i might take you up on that, need rim tape as well

nothing really local to get them fitted  so may have to approach a motorcyle dealer

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
Any of the online / mail order places do inner tubes. I think by us the local bike main dealer charges £10 to fit you loose tyre to a loose rim, but of the 3 tyres I my dad and a friend had fitted they got them all fitted wrongly with the result of 3 blowouts. I now fit my own. I do occasionally pinch a tube resulting in having to use another but even then it's faster and cheaper. With prectice you'll get to the point where even landrover and dumper tyres don't phase you - I fitted my own set of 4 dumper tyres to our landrover a couple of years back for that bit of extra traction. On a 550 wheel all you'll need is 3 x 6 inch tyre leavers and a footpump to inflate the tyre. For bigger stuff a big vice to brake the beads is handy. The first tyres I ever fitted other than pushbike ones were to my 550.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

MIKE550/4

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »
world of bikes reply

what do you think

Hi,
Thanks for your e-mail.
We can fit your tyres and tubes at a cost of £15+vat per wheel if the wheels are loose.
If still on the bike we charge £20+vat per wheel.
Many thanks

Kind Regards

J

World of Bikes (UK) Limited

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal