Author Topic: What gets my goat  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
What gets my goat
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:24 PM »
Plebs
That advertise stuff that is not what they say it is.EBay favourite sandcast,k2 and all the other crap that does not match the bikes it says it does.
Sorry everyone got the hump and sick of reading this type of stuff.
Cheers
Bitsa
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:45:51 PM by bitsa »
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

ka-ja

Re: What gets my goat
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
Hi,
    I have two gripes with ebay, the first is when someone is trying to sell a piece of battered and rusty chrome cover as usable, and the person that sells a component part washer by washer, ie. top yoke, clamps and bolts all separate

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
Just taken my crap of eBay   :P
I like the excitement building up and then the instant disappointment when you open your parcel and it's not what was listed.
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »
Yes all these things are annoying, also the one photo taken from distance in semi darkness and deliberately blurred, with the description saying study the photo's as there are no returns, or you get what you see
pete

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »
To be honest I will stick lots that are broken down small as I use the 99p start free listings and don't want to be posting stuff that's too much of a pain to wrap at that price. Also often bits sell better than job lots and you then know if the threads are damaged. I do get narked off at poorly or miss described items though. Other side of the coin is that if I'm listing 30 lots at 99p then I'm not going to overdescribe them if I'm clearing the shed - it did make me nervous when a few items listed went to high prices. On the other hand a lot more failed to sell.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
Nothing wrong with selling smaller parts , or an assembly broken down, there will usually be people selling it both ways so you take your choice

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal