Author Topic: future 550 owner??????  (Read 1046 times)

Offline pptom

• View Profile
future 550 owner??????
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
Hello, all, I'm Tom, from Northampton.
Been quite heavily into bikes for a few years, more recently so old brit stuff - anyway, I've had enough of slow bikes which keep breaking down so am on the hunt for a CB550. Always loved the old Honda Fours, ever since I went to a sprint down the driveway of a country house here in Northants + saw all the old race bikes / replicas, it got me hooked, but somehow I got sidetracked, which I'm now trying to remedy.
Currently trying to sell a bike in order to fund the honda, but my dream is a nice condition green CB with a 4 into 4 exhaust,  something I can add a couple of touches to such as clubman bars, rearsets, some nice period bits etc, but I don't want to go along the lines of a full build.
I'd appreciate any contact from anyone about to sell and would love to meet up if there is anyone in Northants?
Tom 

MIKE550/4

Re: future 550 owner??????
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
hi

I might be your nearest contact, no licence at the moment but hopefully 3rd time lucky :P

in corby and currently trying to restore a cb550k3

cheers mike

Offline pptom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »
Good to hear from someone local mike. there's a nice little group of us over in Northampton, all riding old brit stuff in various states of 'modification', some are 'old boys' so its a pretty steady ride out. We're out most sundays through the summer, you'll be more than welcome to come along when you're sorted.
Have you got much to do with the bike?
Tom

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
Hello Tom and welcome to the forum  ;), hope you find your dream bike when you do show us some photos  :) cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal