Author Topic: Help identifying forks.  (Read 1381 times)

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Help identifying forks.
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »
Could someone with a 550 please check for any stampings on the inside of their fork bottoms and please let me know the results?
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying forks.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »
Lester - not sure if this helps...

These are the right and left hand forks in my '74 cb550k1.

Right fork:

Left fork:

No other stampings that I could see.

James

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
Hmmm. The ones that I'm trying to suss have 341 stamped on them. Thanks for your time James.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »
My spare forks are all at the back of the loft but I think the 550 ones are taller than 500 ones, If I get time to dig through all the other spares I'll have a look if I can spot any other differences. (I cann't remember if the 550 ones had longer stanchions or lowers or both, but it was a surprise to me when I found they were different.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 11:38:06 AM »
It seems a few members on the US site have the 341 stamps on. So I'll use them.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
I removed the gaiters and am using dustseals so that isn't a problem. I like shiny. :) Thanks Oddjob.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal