Author Topic: New to Site  (Read 1460 times)

Offline hondaking

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
New to Site
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
Hi everyone
My name is Ron I am 55 years old and have been riding Honda's since my early teens. I have been restoring Honda's for about 20 years now in my spare time. I have 6 Honda's of my own which consists of a 1975 st70 in candy red a 1975 cb750k2 in candy gold a 1977 cb750k7 in exel black a 1979 cb750f2 in black a nc23 and last of all a 1996 918 fireblade. My Passion has always been the 750 Honda's ever since the early 70s. I take on quite a few restorations for friends I usual do around 6 a year from total strip downs to tiding up. I do all this for free and the only thing I ask is that they don't see the bike till its finished. Oh and I have a very understanding wife who also helps with the cleaning lol. when I work out how to post pictures I will show you my work

Ron

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: New to Site
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
Hi Ron

Welcome. An impressive list of steeds there and your "volunteer work" is very laudable. Pictures would be great. Always had a soft spot for the 750F2 myself. Please post pics and may be shove one in as your avatar.
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline busa

• busa
  • SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
Hi Ron

welcome  to the site,   hope you enjoy  nice to have more brains on here to pick.   everyone is really nice and helpful.
and I think  we try to help one and other.   where ever possible.

as for pics.   if you use  something like photobucket.  upload your pics to there  then use the links to share photo  use  the IMG  link put cursor  over the IMG   url   click  to copy.   go back to your  sohc  message within the typing  area  after you finish typing  press return to give you room  then paste.  once you have posted the message.  your pic will appear.

Offline hondaking

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I am always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it. My views are its better to give not to take, people think its crazy to do things for free but it doe's have its rewards

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
To drunk to read,,,,,,,....helllloooo :o
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:10 PM »
Welcome Hondaking. If you use or have an iphone or android phone it's well worth getting the Tapatalk app -  I use it almost exclusively now to read / post to this forum and it makes uploading pictures an absolute doddle. You can upload directly from your phone.

Looking forward to seeing your pics...

James

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
Hi Ron welcome aboard, nice collection of bikes you have, 6 restorations a year is very impressive, the ratio for mine is 1 every six years ha ha, i lookforward to seeing your bikes i also have a few of the bikes on your list
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal