Author Topic: A few loom questions ??  (Read 1191 times)

Offline cb750stu

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
A few loom questions ??
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
Hi Folks i started sorting my loom last night i took the tape off that was a bit shabby and found a few things ??

I have found a 77 CB750 wiring loom diagram is this the same as my 76 F1 loom cant seem to find a specific 76 F1 diagram ??

At some places on the loom there is some silver grey tape covering joins in the loom is this a factory fit thing or has it been a bodge job ?? Also what is the best tape to re tape it when im finished ??

Can anyone recommend a good crimping tool for the bullet style connectors i have bought a kit so i can replace quite a few connectors as they are quite corroded and green ??

I have made a small light cluster in between my clocks each light has 2 white wires coming out the back off them i am planning on using my original light cluster wiring but i noticed that there are 3 green wires all spliced together can i just attach 1 green wire to each white wire and the other white wire to the original loom light wire so it will be grounded also there is 2 black wires also spliced together going to neutral and the oil light can i use these ??

Anyway thats all for now im sure ill have a few more questions when it comes to the wiring side,

Thanks Stuart
1976 CB750 F1 SS in bits !!! but getting there

Offline Ewan 500 K1

• SOHC Pro
  • jings crivens help ma boab
    • View Profile
    • Adams Bros Probe 2001
Re: A few loom questions ??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »
I used vehicle wiring procucts £8 crimping tool when renewing my whole harness ... along with a wire stripper for £8 from Aldi. The Aldi stripper is also a crimper , but I'd alraedy got the VWP one and being a bit bulkier the ALDI job wasn't as easy to use for the crimping as the VWP job
jings crivens help ma boab

500K1/550K3 mongrel cafe racer project for now at http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,4120.0.html

500K1 basket case for later

ka-ja

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
Hi,
     I think the wiring will be similar to the 400/4s, the two black wires are ignition switched positives for the oil/neutral warning lamps, the oil and neutral switches are normally both to earth to complete the circuit until they are "switched", the three greens are the earths for speedo/tacho or other light circuits

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »
The three greens are earths for the two indicator repeaters that you dont have plus the Blue high beam that you do have. Othe blue bulb wire goes to high beam feed wire

On the other two bulbs one on each needs a switched live then the other two go one each to the oil pressure switch and the neutral switch red and green in same order

Offline cb750stu

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Cheers guys for the help !!!

So can I use the black wire for switched live wires ???
1976 CB750 F1 SS in bits !!! but getting there

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:51 AM »
Normally yes but check with a multimeter to be certain

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal