Author Topic: Frist ride out.  (Read 1644 times)

Offline StewSue

• View Profile
Frist ride out.
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
First ride out today, apart from a quick run up and down the lane we live on.  Seems great, goes well! - Pulls fine to 70mph officer and seems to have a bit more to give.  The bikes obviously not been used much recently, maybe not at all since a bit of a recommissioning, I've noticed new DID rims, new spokes to go with the new seat and mirrors that David Silvers put on it before sale, but the rest of the bike's fairly original (apart from new filters and plugs) Got it started again and went out for about 3 miles/10 mins, by which time the tickover had gone up to about 2500, and I was having issues slowing down so headed home and just wound the tickover screw back half a turn - I reckon something needed cleaning out and a good blast's done it the world of good. 

A great start to CB400F ownership, now it's time for my good lady, the bikes real owner to take it for a spin! -  :)

Stew.

Offline PatM

• SOHC Member
  • 2001 R1, Triumph 1200 and the little 400/4!
    • View Profile
Re: Frist ride out.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
Enjoy! But guess by now you have resigned yourself to a carb strip. I have a spare set for mine and despite rebuild, new jets carb cleaner and airline- the spare set still does that!!!

Offline StewSue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
Yeah I'm sure we'll end up rebuilding, but seems to have settled down, the tickover screw's still barely touching the carbs, and they seem to be behaving (for now).  Carb strip in winter months, already scoped out the ultrasonic bath at work!  ;)

Offline PatM

• SOHC Member
  • 2001 R1, Triumph 1200 and the little 400/4!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Oh I agree for the winter months- especially as its running ok. My '2nd set' did do that. The ones that are on there at present have a habit of starting on 3 cylinders or generally being a bitch to start after a week or so of non-use. So theres no happy medium!
Im leaving well alone as its a perfectly usable bike and once started- runs very well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal