Author Topic: rebuild engine  (Read 1253 times)

Offline billy192

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Shermonkel
rebuild engine
« on: October 03, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Well it is that time. the barrels have been re bored  for the +0.75 new pistons. the Guy in Antig motors in Gloucester said that the tolerance was quite tight in the book. 0.00004 - 0.00016

so before I begin I have a few questions.
do i coat the head gasket with anything before assembly?
any tips to stop a dreaded oil leaks?
wish me luck
Billy
Thanks
Billy

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: rebuild engine
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
The early 750,s leaked but slowly honda updated the design with extra rubber bits in the head , so if yours is the k6 then it should be the least likely to leak, however if you are using a head gasket from an aftermarket set then it might pay to give it an extremely light coating on both sides with blue hylomar, i have done this on several bikes including a 77 cb750 with great success, i must stress it has to be a very thin coat, preferably with the spray version, this is just my opinion maybee someone else will chime in
pete

Offline bytio

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »
If it is a genuine honda gasket it has some  sealant around critical areas and no need for any sealer, if using an aftermarket  gasket, the best I would recommend is to  use gaskasinch  sealer it is very thin and an excellent sealer.  Use it especially on the studs for cam holders as a number of the holes for these go to atmosphere and hot oil leaks  past the threads.

Offline billy192

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Shermonkel
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
thanks Guys
Thanks
Billy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal