Author Topic: New member from Nottingham  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Nerdos

• View Profile
New member from Nottingham
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
I registered initially on SOHC4.net as I bought a US-spec CB750 but was encouraged to join this forum too for some local support and advice.  I use the same name on each forum.

I was born in 1968, bought my first bike - a Honda CG125 on my 18th birthday for £225.  After that I had a CB125T which was an appallingly slow, unreliable and boxy machine which made me wish I still had the CG.  After that I had a CB550 rat bike which I took delivery of in 4 tea chests.  I think the purists here might consider what that bike looked like to be an act of heresy but all I will say is that it was matt black all over when I got it and matt black all over when I sold it.  After that came my 1976 CB400F.  Again this was matt black but thankfully only the tank and its one and only side panel.  I became a despatch rider on this bike.  This was a short-lived career and I 'retired' from it with all my limbs intact.  I still have that bike to this day having fully restored it except for paint.  Since I bought the 400/4 I have also had a CB250N, BMW R75/5, a Kawasaki KLR650 (broke camchain after 40 miles of riding), a Japanese-market CBX750 and a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport (which Mrs Nerdos was good enough to be ridden away from our wedding on the pillion in her wedding dress).  My current bikes are the 400/4 already mentioned, enough spares to build another 400/4, an Aprilia Caponord and, since early October 2013, a CB750K3 still wearing its Michigan number plate.  The 750 is a bit of a shed.  Pictures and inane questions will follow.  I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the 400 but the 750 is all new to me.  I wanted one from as far back as I can remember.  Now it's here...and it's rusty.  My real name is Paul if anyone cares. 

ka-ja

Re: New member from Nottingham
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
Welcome Paul,
                           The more the merrier as it increases the knowledge base

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
Hi there Paul, and welcome to our happy band ;D Always nice to get new people on here. Does the 750 run, or is it an unknown quantity? Either way, this is the place to get all the help you need, good luck with the restoration!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Nerdos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
It does run...after a fashion.  Is this where I should post info about my rebuild?  On the US site there is a Project area for this.  I'm more than happy to share but I don't want to put stuff in the wrong place.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:10 PM »
Personally I would post any questions about the rebuild in the CB750 section ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »
If you want to start a "Project" thread - just do so in the CB750 section Paul.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum, saw your photos on the us site looks like a decent original bike to start with  8), look forward to reading all about your rebuild and don't forget to take plenty of photos  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Nerdos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »
I will, Mick.  I've started my project in the CB750 section and will update there (as well as the US site) in the hope that wise souls will steer me towards success and away from disaster.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 09:07:16 AM »
Hi Paul , and welcome, i am just going to look for your rebuild thread, its great to see more 750's on here
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
Hi Paul and welcome.
You have a much better one to restore than I had.All that I have seen on the US site is all fixable.
The dutch crowd is the only ones with 341s I too bought a set for spares while they were reasonably priced.Good guys here anything you need to know you will find it here.Wish you luck on your restoration and keep us posted and like Mick says lots of pics.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal