Author Topic: Original colour to Frame #  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Original colour to Frame #
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:19 AM »
DVLA won't work if its an early K2 as it would have had a green old style log book and they did not keep copies of those, only the V5 and V5C

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
DVLA won't work if its an early K2 as it would have had a green old style log book and they did not keep copies of those, only the V5 and V5C

Not necessarily so, I applied for the full history for my K0 (reg'd Jan 1970) and the earliest document they sent back was a photocopy of the old style folding green log book.  Admittedly it's a dreadful copy, but it is legible.......just.

If it's a UK bike the worst that can happen is you waste £5 if you don't get the info you need, but for that money and the small effort involved it's got to be worth asking surely?

Mick........kettle738

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
 ;) yes i agree with kettle, Ive applied for a few  logbooks over the years (when they was free that is lol) and if the DVLA has a photocopy of the original logbook be it green buff whatever then they will have it sent to you, mind you it will not state the exact colour  like maroon for candy ruby red and green or blue  for candy blue green as in my case but It should put you on the right track anyways :)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »
Thanks fellas,
Worth a £5 punt... will give 'em a try.
Lobo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal