Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Terry R

• View Profile
Another new member
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »
Another new member joining the group. I've no experience with forum's so please bear with me.
I've just put my money down on a 1972 CB 750 , in gold, from a Honda dealer in Manchester. Apart from the occasional dabble in "older " bikes I have little experience in the classic scene. In the early seventies I worked, after school, in a garage and the mechanic there had a '73 750 four that impressed me big time ! I've always liked these bikes since and saw the one I'm going to buy on Ebay on Friday night. Its had some restoration and appears, to me, to be be in excellent condition although not 100% accurate. I have millions of questions going around in my head, not least ..." what have you done !! " so I'm sure I'm going to be looking for help in the future.
'72 Candy Gold CB750, BMW r1200Gs,Royal Enfield Bullet,Kawasaki ER6, Gas Gas 250 TXT.

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Another new member
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
welcome Terry good luck with your 750, lots of help on here if you need it.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
Hi terry, welcom to the forum, i love the old 750's and have a few myself, it would be good to see pictures of your bike, any questions you have usually get good answers from people on here
pete

Offline Terry R

• View Profile
Thanks for the welcome
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
Thank you for the welcome onto the forum , I'll actually pick up the bike next Friday and bring it home so the fun and questions will start then ! Its in a very good condition as its had a little work carried out with its previous owner ( a guy called Roy from Telford I believe ) so I shouldn't have too much to do to it. I will be doing a little bit of cosmetic work like re painting the airbox back to black from its current body colour and possibly the headlamp shell but in general its spot on.
No doubt I'll get around to posting some piccies soon.
'72 Candy Gold CB750, BMW r1200Gs,Royal Enfield Bullet,Kawasaki ER6, Gas Gas 250 TXT.

ka-ja

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
Hi,
      Welcome to the forumand the best of luck with your new buy.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »
welcome to the Forum,just relax and chill,

ask and tell us all about your bike,we all enjoy

lots of great advice,and help

don't be affraid
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal