Author Topic: engine check/overhaul  (Read 1598 times)

Offline mickharrow

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
engine check/overhaul
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
can anyone reccommend a good engine man in the south of uk [ i am in east dorset ] who can have a look at an engine i have

thanks

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: engine check/overhaul
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:15:40 AM »
What engine mate. I am in Gloucester about 2 miles from Junction 12 M5

Offline mickharrow

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »
engine is a sohc cb750 engine number 2254476 which i bought as a basket case with the frame,wheels etc

the bike was used for racing many
years ago and the frame has been strenghened and the engine has alegedly got some yoshi bits in it and clearly has polished inlet tracks

i want the engine stripped and the cases blast cleaned and the engine put back together with new bits as required

is this something you could do for me?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
Strip and rebuild yes, blast cleaning no.

If the engine is out it would only take a couple of hours to reduce to many boxes of bits for you to get the cases cleaned as you wish

Offline mickharrow

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
engine is out of bike and ready to go / i would be very happy to wait for the engine to be stripped and take the casings away for blasting and then return to you

are you available during the week for me to bring engine up or is the weekend best

i also have a set of carbs in bits that need rebuilding is this work you can undertake?

mick

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
I work nights Sunday to Thursday and i have to work outside just at the moment as my garage is full. Friday afternoon, but not this week, is a possible all depends on my wifes days off which vary and i try not to work on those as we don't get a lot of time together.

If you want to call me on 07795162623 after 8pm Sunday to Thursday we can try and arrange something.

Carbs in bits are a complete nightmare but i will give it a go for you.

Cheers
Bryan

Offline mickharrow

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »
many thanks for your quick answers to my questions but i am afraid my circumstances have changed in the last 24 hours and i have to put the engine rebuild on hold for the moment

many thanks for your offer of help

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
No problem mate, keep the number and the direct email addy is blj@blj.org.uk If you need any info or help please ask

Bryan

PS I know about changes, just got the credit card bill for the bosses birthday!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal