Author Topic: 400/4 electrics.  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Harold 400/4

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
400/4 electrics.
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
Hi all. New to the site and looking for some advice. My 400/4 recently lost all electrics, and I eventually traced it back to corroded connections in the fuse box. I have cleaned the connections, but will replace the whole fuse box. My bike seems to have been modified at some point, as the wires from the fuse box are individual bullet type connectors, rather than the connector block type that come as standard with a new fuse box

My question is would I be better off converting back to the connector block and fitting the standard fuse box, or taking the connector block off the new fuse box, and replacing with bullet connectors??

Any views??

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: 400/4 electrics.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »
Hi there, and welcome to our happy gang! Personally I would definitely go for the proper connector block option. I'm not sure if the female part of the connector block (the bit attached to the loom) is available as a separate item, but places such as vehicle wiring products, and some local independent motor spares shops will be able to supply both parts of a multi way connector block that you could fit to a new fusebox, in fact I've just found such a thing in my computer desk drawer, so if you have no luck locally, give me a shout and I can send you it ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Harold 400/4

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: 400/4 electrics.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for the advice. May well get back to you re the connector!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal