Author Topic: Anyone given away parts that have ended up on flea bay?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Anyone given away parts that have ended up on flea bay?
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
I suppose if you give anything away it becomes the property of the person you gave it to. That said when you go to the trouble of packing the items, taking them to the local Parcel Force depot because the box is too heavy and even getting a rare unobtainable NOS part from a friend at a very reasonable price. OK the shipping was paid  and the the NOS part. All to help someone with their project.  Subsequently the NOS part appears on flea bay and sells for a good profit, other 'give away' items sell on flea bay. Smacks of extracting the amber bodily fluid to me. They were not SOHC parts so it's unlikely the individual is on here but it's taught me a lesson.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone given away parts that have ended up on flea bay?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
Yes kent a hard lesson to learn, i done it once and the guy just needed the part to finish his bike , he sold the bike on to get top money virtually straight away, also i hate it when people join the forum and their first post is begging for a hard to find part at mates rates or for nothing, no introduction or anything just straight in get the part from some good natured person then sell it on or bugger off with no thanks and never to be heard of again

Offline Sharpy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »
I have had this happen as well, I just take the view that if you want it you pay for it, unless you are known.  I would expect the same, why should anyone give / sell me something cheap if I dont know them from Adam.

I tend to offer things at a good price on forums if they dont sell I eBay them myself.  :)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »
Agree with you guys and another thing I have noticed may be a coincidence but when a regular guy is asking for something, said items  for some strange reason happen to appear on sleaze.
Anyone else noticed this?  ie axle stoppers wanted.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Lynx

• Repair & Despair Under One Roof
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
It is annoying to give or sell something to a mate, only for them to sell it. But we musn't tar everyone with the same brush. This is a great site with a good feeling of comerardiary. It's nice to be able to help each other out.
Yamaha RD500LC
Triumph Speed Triple RS.

Previous bikes include
1976 Honda CB400F Now sold :-(
CB350K3 x2
CB250G5
CX500C
VF500F2
VF1000FE

Offline Ewan 500 K1

• SOHC Pro
  • jings crivens help ma boab
    • View Profile
    • Adams Bros Probe 2001
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
+1 Lynx , I've had an amazing amount of help, both with technical issues an reasonable priced parts ..
jings crivens help ma boab

500K1/550K3 mongrel cafe racer project for now at http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,4120.0.html

500K1 basket case for later

Offline hondaking

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
We all fall for that trick sometime in our lives.

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »
I've certainly been assisted admirably by many on the forum so always appreciate that.

Coincidentally, I was looking in the parts box in the garage today and wondering who would would ever want the various lumps of CB650 shaped metal, bracket and rubbery bits that I have left over....don't even see them on ebay...650's have yet to achieve that classic status!
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal