Author Topic: 3rd UK CB750K0  (Read 1825 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
3rd UK CB750K0
« on: December 08, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »
If you follow this link from USA site.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=118045.25

It details this;

Quote:-  "to cut a long story short we exchanged a few emails and i spoke to him on the phone abit and what another genuinley nice bloke and a proper racer....he told me he had the 3rd cb750 that was imported to the uk and within 2 days it was parted and the engine was in one of his sidecar outfits??? (sorry if thats ruined your night)
so dont bother looking for that one one?
and because everybody was crashing them back then he made back the purchase price by selling the rest of the parts because honda were not carrying the spares so soon after uk launch???"

If it is indeed true seems that the 3rd UK 750K0 never made it to the road (well as a road bike anyway)!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:14:34 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: 3rd UK CB750K0
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Ash, is there some sort of register?

Was Eamon's (ex) K0 the first or one of the first?

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
 ;) yes it was the first one in the UK the parts manuel lists it as well so theres the proof so anything before that one, is a later import  like the sandcast we never got to get them from the start it is now owned another member of this site  I had a chance to buy it , even before Eamon  but we did not realize the significance of it then neither did the owner  ;) we just all knew it was an early one
       there is also the frame number after his in Ireland so that could be the third but without its frame number who knows
BTW when I bought my CB750k0 from Ireland the owner told me that it was the second of the first two CB750's  to be registered in Ireland (probably bit of the old blarney)  but mine was dated march 1970 so its not that early by any means ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:04:54 PM by steff750 »

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »
Yes Eamon's ex was the first, I think it was registered Jan '70 and manufactured around September '69.  Before Eamon it was owned and restored by a guy from York with lots of  NOS parts. I won't name him because he may not wish me too. It's now owned by another member on here, as far as I know.
Mine is VIN 1010382 which should be the 14th but it was not registered until May 1st 1970. The only reason I can come up with, as to  why it was registered so late, is that is got damaged before it was registered. It has non-wrinkle tank but has the 'Antimon' alloy filler cap/non-lined silver trim, so maybe the tank got damaged as it should have been shipped with a wrinkle tank!
I don't know of any register Steve but ChrisR probably knows the fate or whereabouts of some of them. I don't know where I heard  it but the initial batch was rumoured to be  around 25.

Cheers
AshD
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:23:06 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »
Hi Ash great to see you back posting on hear, all this talk of k0,s has me wondering on how your restoration is coming on, also you probably remember i was craving a k0 myself, well i finally got one which i am restoring at the moment , although it is a US import it is a very early one, and best of all has all the correct parts, trouble is it is a bottomless pit which i keep throwing money at
As for the first UK K0 the owner is on hear he has kept the bike in stunning condition , i went down to see the bike earlier this year as i needed to get a colour match for my painter to do my bodywork
pete

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »
Cheers Pete,

Really sorry for not posting. Had all sorts of problems mainly related to the company I work for (3-days/week) over past 18 months, previously owned by my brother. I  won't go into the details but it severely affected my mental  health - big style. My bike projects remain in a million parts in my garage. Having time to ponder and feeling much better, I now realize I became totally obsessed with piddly little K0 details (wrinkle tanks, two hole hubs, correct rims etc). I have decided that I will just build the bike with what I have and then it will at least get finished and not just languish unloved in a pile of parts.  At least I have a set of NOS set of HM300's tucked away in the loft which only cost me £525 inc. from DSS :) .
The '75 400/4 lies in the depths of the garage fully  restored but unloved since 1986! The CB250K0, I am still keen to finish some time and to be fair if I had any three of them on the road it would be the one I would probably use most but I almost sold the parts I have last year. Problem I found with 750K0 parts is that it is so easy to get stuffed with crappy parts, sold by people who think they are correct or in good condition and end up being something only suitable for the local tip.
I have looked at your resto threads and wow that looks like it's going to be one hell of an original bike when complete, so pleased you found one, as I knew you had the urge to get the bug !

Apologies  to everyone for lack of posts but I hope you can hopefully understand my predicament, I will try to keep in touch now !!

What happened to Jock (bobthebuilder) 750K0? I note he now has a CD175 'sloper - I have a nice pic somewhere of my GF,  now wife on my grey one, will post on Photobucket if I can find it.

Cheers for now,
AshD

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:55:58 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
Sorry to hear you have been stressed out over work, feel free to pm me if you need to talk, i know exactly what you mean about being obsessed with correct detail and people selling unfit for purpose parts at outrageous prices
Sometimes if you take a bit of time off things become clearer and you get a better perspective, i have walked away from 4 projects that i have on the go, and concentrated on my new venture which is a motorhome, i have decided to get out and enjoy things a bit more rather than spend all my time in the garage, i am still buying bits for my bikes just not doing much work on them, now its winter i will get back into it as my work drops off a bit this time of year
Talking of HM300 pipes i got my self a set of no number pipes correct for my K0, and then two weeks later scored a NOS set of HM300 pipes as well, more treasure to stash in the loft Ha Ha
Jocks K0 looks fantastic, he done a great job, be good to see how his 175 is going, thats another bike i used to own back in the day
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal