Author Topic: Question on Honda Twins site  (Read 1752 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Question on Honda Twins site
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:53 PM »
Can anyone on here answer my question on my CB250SS (K0) resto  posted on the Honda twins.net  forum please?
The 250SS K0 is proving to be pretty rare.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=28103&p=216981#p216981

Cheers

Ash D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:16:03 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Honda Twins site
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:57:15 AM »
By the time I was working on them, K3/K4 indicators were a standard fittment. The US ID book does not list the 250 but that is no surprise!! The first 350 is shown with indicators but the black/white photo is not good enough to see if reflectors were fitted. If you want a scan of that page PM me your email addy

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
 :)  my brand new 1971 CB250 k2 had them indicators as standard equipment and I think it was the same for all the Honda range they fitted them to all models weather they had too or not, (the big selling point for me was the electric start) I can even remember my friends there was six of us used to go around together two red CB250k0  a blue k0  three gold ones they all had indicators ,the only difference I can remember is the gold ones did not have knee pads on the tank.  jeez this takes me back lol there was loads of them about in the 70's being learner bikes as well  we all had them  :o  where are they now ? they all got trashed  I shoved mine under a land-rover once ,no wonder they are not about now  8)  happy days .

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
Hi, The really comprehensive parts manual I have  from '69, specific to the SS or K0 model, lists them fitted to all but the UK market. I too had a K2 (1970), K3 (1971) and 350K4 (1973)  in the 70's and they all had them fitted but I don't think the early K0's had them. There is no sign of them being fitted to the parts bike I  have. I really like the K0 with the knee pad tank, chrome chainguard , hot cam and steering damper. Problem is some parts are rare (just like my 750K0) and the tanks are a favourite among cafe racer builders. Also the engines are sought after by classic racer fraternity. The Japanese domestic market bike from '68 had a CB72/CB77 style tank and oval combined instruments. Never  seen one in the 'flesh' though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJoKeWg6Ljc

We never got the K1 here and sadly we never got the Candy blue/green and white in the UK, we had to make do with 'Sardine Blue' and white . Mine is candy red and white two tone.
Hmm - just looked at the K0 on James May's Man Lab (Sardine Blue one) and it has indicators - maybe they were not fitted in early production and fitted in late production, or as the guy on the US site says possibly an optional extra.
Cheers
AshD
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:04:23 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal