Author Topic: HM300s  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
HM300s
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
Hi Guys,
The greedy boys are out for Xmas just seen a set of 300s new in boxes for 3100.00 euros.I know France has always been expensive but this is taking the proverbial.I hope the bastards never sell them and they rot away over the years.Sorry for sounding so bad but these people wherever they are are killing (for me) the classic bike game.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: HM300s
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
I know were your coming from Bitsa, its getting harder n harder to get a bargain  :(,it's a hobby but its getting to be an expensive one  :'(, I buy n sell parts I don't make a lot of money and what I do make on parts it goes back into parts or service parts I need to keep my own bikes going, when I first started going to the big bike shows n jumbles you could haggle over the prices and sometimes get a bargain  ;), not anymore they all want top dollar for crap >:(, cheers Mick.

ka-ja

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
Hi,
     doing anything to our old motors is reaching the point where it will become a rich man's hobby, and I agree that some of the stuff on sale as "usable" is a joke except for the price, sooner or later there will be a backlash and things will stop selling. A second hand tank two years ago at £25 now reaching £100, and no guarantees it will be of use when you get it, pleased I have most of what I want!

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
Prices will vary with supply and demand, I cant see why Honda don't remake things like this, there would be a strong demand for them. You cant blame people for wanting the best price for stuff, at the end of the day its only worth what someone will pay.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
A rich mans hobby it is, however all the time people pay these prices then the high prices will continue, i have a good few spares and i hope that the prices stay high for when i want to cash some of my stock in, we all like to buy in a bargin but when it comes to selling no one wants to mug themselves and sell for less than the going rate, again it all boils down to supply and demand and as always said its worth what people will pay,
I have paid through the nose for some of my K0 parts infact most of them because its a 69 bike it shares alot of parts with the sandcast, as soon as you have the word sandcast in the listing it automatically jumps the price up to unreasonable
As for the HM 300's honda were making them untill last year, i think as the copright runs out on their older parts they dont bother renewing and cease production and so all the aftermarket guys jump on board and start repro stuff, the thing is if people want a concours restoration with the correct parts like say HM 300 written on the exhaust then people can command the high prices
All the same though i agree F---ing outrageous price for the pipes and i would be surprised if they do sell for that
pete

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 03:59:44 PM »
Values do seem to have gone up, but more so for some bits. I reacon to keep a bike rideable it can still be just about affordable In fact I think it will save me money when I put my 500 back on the road rather than much newer Honda twins as the quality of things like forks are better quality I'm about to do the fork seals for the 3rd time in as many years on my 250 and the sanctions needed replacing lad time too. Not good compared to never needing to do seals on the 500 in 100,000 miles or more.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal