Author Topic: CB750 K2 - English spec - Lights.  (Read 922 times)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
CB750 K2 - English spec - Lights.
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
Today, reinstated the light switches to the English spec by putting back the left hand 'clamp' light switch. But confused.... it operates (as I've colour coded connected it) as simply a 'master switch' to the lighting circuit - is this correct?

I ask because I'm bloody certain I read somewhere that the UK vehicle approval folk were not happy with the RH slider switch.... ie too easy to plunge yourself into darkness as you dipped from high beam to low in a corner (ie moving the slider full left). Makes sense...
And thus, I assumed, the LH clamp switch, with its up / down movement was going to be High / Low beam, with the RH switch positions being OFF / Sidelamp / Main beam.

Anyways, please is it now set up correctly?

Ta muchly,
Simon.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: CB750 K2 - English spec - Lights.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
Mines the same Simon left switch turns your lights on to sidelights then right hand switch does low & high beam cheers Mick.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:26:24 AM »
Left hand clamp switch over rides the RH on off and was originaly a German market item that was adopted by a lot of UK riders/dealers because, as you say, it was so easy to turn lights off when dipping

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:45:26 AM »
Thanks Mick / Bryan...  seems tho' we're still gonna have to be careful dipping the lights - only diff is I won't become totally invisible to on-coming traffic.
Simon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal