Author Topic: HONDA Seat Logo Restauration  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
HONDA Seat Logo Restauration
« on: December 26, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »
Hello all, I would like show my restauration Job of my  Honda Logo on my 400 four seat. Normally it is fade with the years or If you buy a new cover for your seat, you Will need paint a new  logo.

You will need a Stencil Honda logo, a silver paint spray tin(this is a very economic paint, is better than you use a vinyl paint for this job) painter tape, trash bag or similar and a "precission" knife.

The first is fit the Honda stencil over the old Honda logo, here there is a problem, the logo is not perfect because it has "curve shape" or irregular/distorsion form, the tail of the seat is curve and it is hard to fit the stencil over the logo, be patient, if you have a new seat cover without logo it is very easy :) :).

When you have the stencil fit, take out the stencil protection cover, it is transparent(look the pic).

Now cover the seat with trash bag  and painter tape or similar(look the pic).

Paint  time, move the tin over 1 minute and then sprayed a thin layer of paint, take a distance about 30cm, please follow the instructions tin, then let dry the paint 24h or more.

Now you can take out the bag trash and painter tape, the result is very good, you can use a precission knife to "cut" the rest of possible paint.

The only bad thing is that the Stencil does not fit perfect over the  Honda logo(the cover is  curve) but I think it is not very important, you can use a brush a  paint and give a "touch of paint" for a perfect look.

To end, I use a small brush and re-touch the Honda Logo, I am very happy with the result.

I have more Stencils, If you need, contact me.

Sorry for my English!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:50:24 PM by Piki »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal