Author Topic: Interesting David Silver Article  (Read 4011 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Interesting David Silver Article
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:44:45 AM »
Link to DSS article.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stock/bike_JAN2014.pdf

If the article is correct the replica CB750K0 HM300's he is selling are made by Yamiya in Japan. If so will it  save on high shipping costs / customs charges when you buy them direct . Wonder if he is going to stock their Ducktail seats and covers? The ones they currently sell I think are made by 'bobtheseat' (Moretti) in Stroud UK.

Cheers Ash

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:47:24 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting David Silver Article
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
Ashimoto,
Would not mind 1hour on my own going round that place without paying.Dream on but thanks for the link
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
I am banned from registering on Facebook or Twitter by my 3 offspring and quite frankly I couldn't care less ;D but DSS posts are  quite interesting.

Link

https://www.facebook.com/SilverSpares

Best Wishes AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
I bought my gold 500 from Dave in 97, along with a lot of expensive stuff. Later on I went back with the intention of buying 3 550's as he had decided to stop importing bikes due to customers unrealistic expectations----came back with 4 and a NOS tacho after haggling with the man himself whilst stnding in the warehouse awstruck as my mates loaded the bikes onto a beavertail transit.

Since then had a GL1000KZ as more parts than i care to envisage , always had great service and frequently talked with Dave on the phone.

He is a good person who stands by his parts and is doing his best to help us all keep this old(er than Honda thought it would ever get) transport going

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »
Yes Bryan  - I remember calling him in 1986  when he worked from home  selling bits part time and sold his first  batch of  NOS Honda parts via an advert in MCN. Nice bloke. Both front and rear mudguards for 400/4 were £10 each and complete caliper with pads was £12, control switches £6 ea.  This was pre-Internet and in '86 it was very hard to get NOS parts. Then sometime notmuch later Honda slashed its exhaust prices for some reason  and started selling new seats again. Happy days!!
From the article it  looks like he has now got the Sardine Blue  CB250SS (K0) from James May's 'Man Lab' Evidently traded it for a CX500 !!
Another place which sold NOS parts off cheap around that time was Queens Park Motors in Salford, I think they were a main Honda Dealer but sold off NOS  parts occasionally.

Cheers AshD

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 07:32:37 AM »
I bought a set of the HM300 copy pipes from his first batch of ten they are amazing quality, i have been told they are the pipes supplied by yamiya as no number pipes correct for late sandcast and early k0 bikes,
As brian says he is doing us a good service, however he is no longer the cheap option, often dearer in cost that some other suppliers , but we would be stuffed without him, he has invested alot of time and trouble getting parts re made often by OEM,
I have spent thousands with him and will probably be spending more as time goes on, and i agree it is great reading the ds articles on his face book and twitter
pete

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »
I remember buying YDS7 (Yamaha) spares from Sondel Sport,1972,even driving down to collect them,

and now I still deal with him for my CB500,

great service,but
havn't the prices increased !!!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »
I bought a brand new frame for my 550 from Silver in the early 2000's.    £100!    :o
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »
I remember buying YDS7 (Yamaha) spares from Sondel Sport,1972,even driving down to collect them,

and now I still deal with him for my CB500,

great service,but
havn't the prices increased !!!

Thought  SondelSport in Islington  had closed Jonn but Sondel Yamaha   are still going I  believe.

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic765729.aspx

Cheers AshD

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Sondel Yamaha is just round the corner from me
pete

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
Don't tell my daugters but I  thought s*d it and  joined Facebook so I could point DSS to this post.

It would be great if they joined us on this site !!!

Night ! AshD

I posted this on SOHC.co.uk site

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?topic=5962.msg30115

Cheers Ashimoto '69 (built) UK CB750K0, '75 CB400/4,'69 CB250SS (K0)
www.sohc.co.uk
Like ·  · Share
David Silver Spares likes this.
Ashley Derrick

Press Enter to post.

David Silver Spares Thanks Ashley, it seems to have generated a good number of posts.
Like · Reply · about an hour ago

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Yes indeed. They could gain a lot of insight about customer needs from this and .net site.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal