Author Topic: sirius order 13th jan, lets see how long it takes  (Read 3291 times)

MIKE550/4

sirius order 13th jan, lets see how long it takes
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »
Thought I would put this up for reference and to compare

just ordered jets from Sirius today and got back confirmation.

can take up to 3 weeks and clear customs... I will update when it arrives

Bit worrying when they say cannot be tracked and has to clear customs

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: sirius order 13th jan, lets see how long it takes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »
Don't worry about customs, unless it is a high value part or large. I get many parts from the states, Canada and Australia. Only one time did the customs give a import charge and that was on a large item. I have a seat pan on its way from the states and i am expecting a problem with that, seeing its a large metal item. carb jets should not be a problem. 

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:25:57 AM »
Oddlob, Sirius are in Canada and use canada post mostly, last set of jet I bought I did get caught on as they cost over $20 and that seems to be the line

MIKE550/4

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
22 dollars and international air mail ?

we shall see ........ if I get hit with duties when do you pay that ?

Do you collect from your local sorting office then

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:19 AM »
One major problem with customs is the carrier. If you are unlucky and they use Fedex then they'll charge you import duty even though it may not be chargeable. When you challenge this they say they have an agreement with customs to collect import duties. However when you ask for a receipt that these have actually been paid over to customs they get really cagey and won't oblige.

It's got to the point now that I stipulate to the sender that under no circumstances are they to use Fedex and if they do I will refuse delivery. The last time Fedex tried this with me I refused to pay import charges on it as the box was clearly labelled manufacturing samples and no import is due on that type of goods. Yet of course Fedex said they'd paid it on my behalf, they passed the so called debt onto to a collection agency who I told I'd see them in court before I'd pay, never heard from them again.

Ask Sirius if they will use USPS, they are fine.
TNT are the same as fedex they also paid the duty on my behalf and billed me for it, beware!!!!!!
pete

MIKE550/4

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:10:27 AM »
problem i have its the only place i can get them, we shall see   .... i will report back when they arrive

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
You usually get a letter telling you about the charges and how to pay Mike  :'(, had afew of those recently  ::), cheers Mick.

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
I have used Sirrius a few times and found them to be very good, often you escape any customs charges, but if there are any charges payable the post office collect them from you, but will charge an extra £8 to process it.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

MIKE550/4

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
so 37.50 dollars..... 4 jets delivered by air mail

on bil 22.94 pounds plus a 63pence extra charge for being non sterling?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
Mike, I just tried to reply to one of your messages but it won't go as for some reason you are now a "Guest"

Offline MikeM

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
well to my surprise they turned up today....no charges just posted through my door

so ordered Monday the 13th arrived Tuesday the 21st..... pretty impressed really

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
All i can say is you were lucky Mike.
Parcel force seem to be at it. Just received a seat pan from the USA and the invoice  read:
IMPORT PARCEL INVOICE AND INFORMATION
You have been sent a parcel from overseas, delivery of this parcel to you is subject to payment of customs charges raised by Border Force on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs.
These charges are:
Custom Duty                                                           £0.00
Excise Duty                                                             £0.00
Import VAT                                                              £14.18
Other                                                                      £0.00
Clearance Fee  (zero rate for VAT purposes)          £8.00
TOTAL                                                                     £22.18

General Information:
IMPORT VALUE THRESHOLD 
For goods moving within the EU, import duties and taxes do not usually apply, for goods imported from non-EU countries, customs charges do apply, these may include import duty,excise duty and import VAT. Goods with a value exceeding £15 (for commercial including internet/mail order purchases), or £36 in the case of gifts between private individuals, are generally subject to customs charges. Normally charges are calculated upon the declared value (plus shipping costs and postage for commercial items). Further information can be obtained through the website WWW.HMRC .gov .UK and searching on "Notice 143".

Well lads, they all seem to be at it now. I did ask Mr Parcel force for a VAT receipt and proof that the amount charged will be forwarded to HMRC. Parcel force are stating that the VAT and Clearance Fee are the charges of Border Force, but will not confirm that this is a partner of Parcel force.     

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
If you cannot get evidence from them you could report them to HMRC as collecting VAT from customers and not sending it to HMRC is an offense (VAT Fraud).
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »
What i do not understand is that i payed USPS for a door to door service, so how did it get hi-jacked by Parcel force?
Watch out, watch out there are some thieves about.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
All the national post offices have an "agrement" to deliver in their own countries, and HMRC charge VAT on the total of value PLUS postage

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal