Author Topic: Front Brake bleeding  (Read 6240 times)

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: Front Brake bleeding
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Go to a motor factors with the item in the caliper. A nipple is a nipple.
I'm sure something is available.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Lynx

• Repair & Despair Under One Roof
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
I got a stainless steel one from Inox £7.
http://www.inoxbolt.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=490_650

Check your diameter and thread pitch.
Yamaha RD500LC
Triumph Speed Triple RS.

Previous bikes include
1976 Honda CB400F Now sold :-(
CB350K3 x2
CB250G5
CX500C
VF500F2
VF1000FE

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 07:01:54 AM »
Well the "Bleed nipple" you removed was definately non standard so the caliper has been modified but as to wether the thread has been tapped out who knows, I suggest you take the nipple you took out to a bolt supplier and find out what nut threads on to it not forgetting to try AF as well as metric. That will give you the thread it is to see what fits.

As to Silvers reply I happen to agree that the 750 has only had two different Bleed Nipples , 7mm and 10mm so if yours is different its either not Honda or Modified.

Was this a US import? They have a habit of adulterating anything to fit!!

Offline ogre

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »
if your struggling u can send them both to me and i might be able to alter the one you have bought to the same thread thats on the one u took out if not i will be able to tell u what the thread is 

Offline ShaunJ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
Thanks for all your help and offers of assistance. It turns out it is a 6mm thread I assume it must have had a helicoil inserted at some time in its history. Decided to buy a stainless one from Inox Fasteners which is now installed. Excellent service delivered it in 24 hours.
Present CB750 K7

Offline ogre

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 08:14:20 PM »
glad u got it sorted

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »
Well the "Bleed nipple" you removed was definately non standard so the caliper has been modified but as to wether the thread has been tapped out who knows, I suggest you take the nipple you took out to a bolt supplier and find out what nut threads on to it not forgetting to try AF as well as metric. That will give you the thread it is to see what fits.

As to Silvers reply I happen to agree that the 750 has only had two different Bleed Nipples , 7mm and 10mm so if yours is different its either not Honda or Modified.

Was this a US import? They have a habit of adulterating anything to fit!!

Can anyone tell me the thread size of the 10mm nipple? The nipple i have removed is a 10mm x 1.25 and 35mm long.
I know that ford transit is M10 x 1mm and 35mm long but, never seen one with a 1.25mm tread. Any ideas???

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »
You might find one on a Honda car mate, even the steel pipe fittings are different for Hondas

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »
You might find one on a Honda car mate, even the steel pipe fittings are different for Hondas

I overhauled a caliper last year and needed a bleed nipple,picked one from a Goodrich spares dealer ,also my local motorcycle
repairer,

about £2.50 ish

fitted great
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

I overhauled a caliper last year and needed a bleed nipple,picked one from a Goodrich spares dealer ,also my local motorcycle
repairer,

about £2.50 ish

fitted great

Different caliper, different nipple and bike John. This is a nipple that i have never seen before. And i have seen some nipples in my time.
I know what you are thinking John. I can hear your brain ticking from here ;D

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

repairer,

about £2.50 ish

fitted great

Different caliper, different nipple and bike John. This is a nipple that i have never seen before. And i have seen some nipples in my time.
I know what you are thinking John. I can hear your brain ticking from here ;D

laughs !!! 
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal