Author Topic: david silver chainguard  (Read 2686 times)

59viperman

david silver chainguard
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
 ;) does anyone know if the David silver chrome chain guard is any good ? mine is pitted and I reckon it would cost more to re-chrome.

Offline steven400/4

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: david silver chainguard
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
my mate had a few weeks ago and it looks as good as my genuine nos  one could,nt say how long the chrome will last tho
cb400f2 x7
honda ss 50
gsx 1400

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:00:07 PM »
I got one for my 550 10+ years ago and it's still like new. I don't know if the present one will have been manufactured by the same company though.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

59viperman

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
 :) cheers boys, on those results its got to be worth a punt as opposed to re-chrome.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »
Send me your old chain guard and i will put it to good use. Original is original, it's worth the re-chrome. 

59viperman

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
 ;) you may be right trigger, out of interest I started the order process with ds. when it came to postage the price doubled as soon as I put in n/Ireland. I only recently sold the village post office and grocers so I am up to speed on rates. and doubling it is bollox. so re-chrome it is. and in future it is secondhand or nos ebay stuff for me,

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
That is also my gripe with Silvers..postage. Anything over £20 or something gets a big hike in postage. When I wanted a new set of indicators(4) plus stems I ordered in seperate batches to save a bit.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
Plus 1 with lester sometimes the postage is more than the frackin bit
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »
Oddjob.
Dont know what it is but I have sold more stuff on ebay than on here.Do members not trust or believe us?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

59viperman

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
 :( oddjob, not been on for a while .spent most of December in hospital after major surgery :'( just my luck what I want comes up. this normally would be the first stop for me, I would trust anyone on here before eBay mate. gutted

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
Britain is in a recession oddjob.   :-[
I can't afford anything now compared to a year or two ago.

59viperman

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »
 ;) well oddjob I might get a resto job later in the year and you will be my first call, that is if eBay hasn't had it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal