Author Topic: Griff's Reality Motorworks  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Ecks

• View Profile
Griff's Reality Motorworks
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
I just got my frame and various other bits back from powdercoating at Griff's Reality Motorworks in Bristol, everything looks superb.   They were very thorough with prep, removed head bearings, the swingarm grease fitting, and even tapped out the plastic bushings in the center stand for me.  Nick who runs the place is a nice guy too, real fun to chat with.  They also have a nice black color that makes a great match for our Hondas.
Link for the lazy:
http://www.realitymotorworks.com/

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Griff's Reality Motorworks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
Got any pics of your finished parts?

Offline Ecks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »
Sure thing, I'll get some posted up later today after I work up the courage to venture out to the shed.

Offline Ecks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
...and by later today, I really meant nearly a month later.  But OP delivers!

(I mentioned plastic bushings in the center stand a couple posts back, I once again was being dumb, and actually meant the bushings in the swingarm.)

Offline Ecks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »
Good call, Oddjob.  BryanJ stopped by recently and recommended the same thing, as well as for the main earth cable.  I didn't think too much about the steering lock to be honest, I never really use it.  Nick was nice enough to mask it anyway, and the important bits appear to have been spared the sand.  I've just riveted the VIN plate back on with some stainless rivets, what other stickers should I be looking for?  I seem to recall there being a helmet holder sticker, but can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Offline Drew400

• SOHC Pro
  • 400/4 I restored
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »
I too have used Griff's.

They vapour blasted all my engine and carb parts, including sonic blasting of the carb interiors. They also have a friendly old chap they use for wire wheel building/truing.

Nick is the man to speak to and prices seemed pretty reasonable to me.

I haven't used their powder coating skills (I prefer painted frames on classic bikes) but there's always plenty of parts hanging up that they have done, so you can see their work if you pop down there.

Cheers, D.
Previous bikes:Puch Maxi 50, CD175, Suzuki T500, CX500, Z200, GS850, XS1100, GT750 (kettle), RD400, GTR1000 (not too many boastables in there!), CB750F2 Phil Read Replica

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal