Author Topic: Prototype cb750  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Prototype cb750
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »
Hi All,
Yes we are all aware of the recent sale of this prototype but its getting far and wide.A mate of mine nice fellow but is in to brit bikes (sad I know) is amazed it sold for that kind of money.He also hinted that they do not understand what sandcast is and this is the Vincent forum.I am sure that we all know about how much these bikes can make But all of a sudden jap crap can be worth more.Made my day.What do you make of that guys?
Cheers
Bitsa
Ps Asked me how many of them I had         being jovial of course
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: Prototype cb750
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
Brit bike owners can be very narrow minded can't they? Jap crap seems to outlast the british stuff, work better and is easier to look after. I don't see many British bikes out on the charity runs I've been to.
I'd love a decent British bike I could start and that didn't break or leak. Can't think of any though.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
Plus 1 Lester
I hung out with a bunch of lads when 19 and I was the only one with a jap bike.Never again, I have never wasted so much time on the side of the road waiting for them to get it going again.The only brit bikes I would ever consider rebuilding are is a triumph 650 pre unit bonny or a bsa A10 and only because my best mate who died when 40 loved them.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
Lester, i own a Exceisior Welbike which is British and doesn't leak oil. But you wouldn't want to go too far on it.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:27 PM »
One of the few bikes I can get both feet on the deck trig.   ;D
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 08:50:58 AM »
I remember at school when they all had Brit bikes and one day someone arrived on a CB77, it was just streets ahead of any of the other bikes (e.g 3TA, Royal Oilfield Crusader Sports, BSA A7, Bantams and oh er ....... scooters!!!!!!!!!!!! Started my love affair with Hondas. Then a guy arrived on a CB250K0 and that really did it for me.  Then the Honda main dealer at the top of my street got a CB750 in and I was blown away.
Have really good book on Edward Turner the Triumph designer (and Daimler Dart engine designer). There is a chapter detailing his trip to Japan around 1966 and his report verbatim when he got back , particularly on a trip round the Honda factory. He definitely didn't consider what he saw as 'Jap crap' and predicted doom for the Brit motorcycle industry if we didn't upgrade, redesign and automate. We all now know what the the end result was !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal