Author Topic: After winter storage  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
After winter storage
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
Hi All.
Forecast for this sunday here is dry and 15 degrees.Frack it I am going for it, will fill carbs start her up and go for a long ride, saying that the forcast is rain after for the next 3 days but all I want is the grin again.The older I get I feel I do not have the choice much anymore,so I will woop it up while I can.
Go For it guys
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: After winter storage
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »
Tail end of the US storms here tomorrow. Weather warnings have been issued.  ::)
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:30:05 PM »
Bitza, you should get yourself a winter bike just to hack about on. I was out on my 1985, GSX-R today with a smile on my face. With out any worry.  ;D

Offline Norniron

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:59 PM »
Bitza, you should get yourself a winter bike just to hack about on. I was out on my 1985, GSX-R today with a smile on my face. With out any worry.  ;D
Lies,u couldnt tear yourself away from this forum for 5 mins.lol
1977 400 cafe
1972 500/4
2013 triumph STR675

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
I have to. Because someone keeps sending me pictures of broken parts ;)

Offline Norniron

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
I have to. Because someone keeps sending me pictures of broken parts ;)
Well they werent broken,but they might be when they get your length.teehee
1977 400 cafe
1972 500/4
2013 triumph STR675

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
After winter storage
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
Go for it bitsa - i had the afternoon off yesterday, weather in Brighton looking perfect, turned up at the garage to take the cbr900 out and literally as i opened the door the heavens opened. Was soo tempted to say fu*k it and just go for it, but the bike's only got 2900 miles on it / is as new and has never seen the rain - just couldn't bring myself to 'christen' it yesterday. Seriously thinking of taking triggers advice and getting a cheap all weather / go anywhere bike that i don't need to worry about...

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
Cheers all.
I might get me a step through c90 or something like that for messing about in the winter time.Going to a big bike bootfair soon will keep an eye out.
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
Hi All,
Well it was 14 degrees and decided to go for it.Not run since last October turned on the gas expecting it to piss out the overflows but nowt.Turned on the ignition and the lights just about came on thought f ck.Kicked her 3 times and on the 4Th started.Put the jacket, helmet and gloves on and off I went.Frackin freezing still (me being an old git) and had a good run on her.Recommend this if you are severely pissed off and need a kick up the arse to get you going again go for a ride.Magic grin again still great to ride until a cabbage cruncher in a van could not see the high beam light (being an English headlight shining right in his ugly face) but I read that moron no problem.Well that's it for now going to piss down for the rest of the week so will do a service on her oil,filter,tune etc ready for the heat.
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal