Author Topic: Tv show  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Tv show
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Just finished watching a show called cafe racer on 1 of the discovery channels and just stopped crying.They cut up perfectly really good 750 k1 and turned it into a modern day looking thing mono shock etc.Threw in the bin the clocks,carbs and cut off the rhino bit on the top yoke all bloody rare stuff.It must be really nice to be spoilt by being able to lay your hands on any thing you want.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Tv show
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
 :o yes saw that one if its the same one im sure it was a k0 but anyway they cut the bike up infront of the owner he looked gobsmacked if I was there I would have took it back off him, I saw enough of this garbage in the seventies when the same fruit cakes was trying to make choppers they just don't know any different pure crap tv I aint watched it since ;)

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »
I seen one show and swore never to watch it again. Anything can be done if you throw enough money at it so why not do it with old scrappers.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:41 PM »
I am with you on this one boy's. I spend half my life at the moment trying to get a bike back to original condition. As a Honda engineer in Japan said to me once, "We spend a billion Yen on getting a bike right and then an idiot buys one, then tries to improve it on a budget".

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »
I watched one where this French guy took an angle grinder to a Kawa 900 to get the engine to put in a Martin frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSbzPwe_l5U

He auctioned of for charity though... but even so

Cheers.... ashD
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:04:18 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »
I think the cb750 was actually a sandcast....omg

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »
Having said all of that I've got a 4/70 diecast k0 sitting in my garage - rescued from a neglectful previous owner but it's so far gone I'm planning a cr750 project with it rather than restoring to stock.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
In one of my previous posts I described that it was allegedly the case that  the 3rd UK 750K0 imported bike's engine , in 1970, was fitted to a sidecar outfit, straight out of the crate. But at least the guy who did it respectfully sold off all of the extra  parts for more than the bike cost because Honda had not yet imported sufficient spares.  This info. was from some forum so not sure how true it is.

One thing about that Cafe Racer programme, is that it shows American bike scrapyards and Wow ! if only we had something like this overhere. The ideal holiday for me would be trawling the US bike scrapyards hunting for parts... not sure my wife would agree though ;D

Anyone remember Temple Supplies bike breakers in Hull ?..

Cheers..., AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal