Author Topic: Silvers having a laugh.  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Silvers having a laugh.
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
I remember when Dave first started out. I was very impressed with his service out of a garage. But has the years have past he has become expensive to the point where i buy my parts from other european outlets. Today i ordered a carb float valve, set of 4 from one of my german suppliers which cost £28 with a P&P charge of £6.26.  So, if they can do it why can't Dave do it. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:57:30 PM by trigger6969 »

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »
Cost, in a word. A lot of the tooling will have been lost. The subbies may no longer exsist or have been bought out. then there is the limmit of what people will pay and how many.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »
I find it pretty odd that when I send something from here to England/Scotland/Wales it would cost me the same as sending it to Belfast.
How come its different coming this way?
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »
Hope all of this talk doesn't deter him from contributing again here. There are a million questions I want to ask him about restoration techniques, sourcing repro parts, rechroming etc.  I started the dialogue with him via Facebook regarding the various quality wheel rims he sells and the reply from him  was brilliant and really informative. There are lots of parts on Yamiya's site that you can't get elsewhere. He obviously has a tie in with them re: 750 exhausts and if he started to stock some of Yamiyas parts it would get round all of the hassle of delivery costs from Japan and the dreaded import charges.  Not personally used the German sites for New/NOS stuff but some of the used parts people in Germany are just streets ahead of anything in the UK,. For instance if they sell a camshaft they give you the journal and lobe height dims and the price and quality are usually spot on too.
RE: the old Honda dealers who still have NOS stock, there is one here in Hull area who is selling a camchain guide blade NOS for more than Honda still sell it for new. They all think they are sitting on a goldmine, thanks mainly to Ebay. I think the days of them chucking them in a skip or selling them off cheap are long gone!

Just my 2p worth. ... Cheers... AshD
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:08:54 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 08:13:23 AM »
2p worth. Ash with inflation, that must be £12.56 by now  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal