Author Topic: server error  (Read 2010 times)

Offline TonUp

• View Profile
server error
« on: March 17, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »
I cannot browse some of the threads on sohc.co.uk.
latest error message is;
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory.

Replying or creating a new thread is a hit and miss event. blank screen, several attempts are required to post - I have found it easier to post text only then modify later to add photos. I have never experienced so many problems with a forum before?

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: server error
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »
Testing.

Posting a message works for me but pictures won't using (img /img). It goes to a blank screen with this in the address bar.

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?action=post2;start=0;msg=33869;b05a7fe8a2c5=67c65939c73c4d30d172ea564ffab6b9;board=103
And I've just got this trying to read a topic.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:31:18 AM by LesterPiglet »
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »
The picture size seems to be one problem.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:44:39 AM by LesterPiglet »
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:24:37 PM »
I have never experienced so many problems with a forum before?

I have never experienced so many problems with a hosting company before.
I have the new forum up and ready on a different host but have struggled for months to get a database export that I can upload (so that you and all your posts appear on the new forum)

In general, a white screen is caused by a 500 (server) error which means some script somwhere is stuck in a loop. The best thing to do is to relaod the forum from your original point of entry (a bookmark?). You will probably find that your post and been posted or your PM sent.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline TonUp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
Sounds like you need to get the migration to the new hosting company sorted. Good luck!

I would really like to update my post "my new CB550F2 '77" but when I click on page 3 I get a white page with the following text;
 "Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory."

I cannot even view page 3 of the thread, never mind update it. Is there any short term fixes you can apply?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:50:35 PM by TonUp »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal