Author Topic: Fireblade  (Read 1886 times)

Offline hondatri

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Fireblade
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »
 Hi guys my Sons Blade has blown its Voltage Reg. I have a new one but the 2way  connector on bike loom into which Reg DC output connector is connected is Burnt and I would like to replace it. But honda agents say I must buy the loom expensive, The connector is an 8.25 connector anyone know where I can get one.

Offline DayvW

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblade
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
Hi,

Have you tried Electrex - http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/.  They have a great reputation (I got an RR for a Triumph Daytona 955 last year and it was perfect).  I havent looked - but would expect you could get one for a Fireblade.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
Try

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php

You may have to replace both parts of the connector though

Offline hondatri

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
 Thanks Guys. I have been advised to do away with the connectors and solder the wires in position. What do you think?

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
If you can source the correct plug connectors I'd be tempted to keep the whole shebang stock, whereas if you are having to replace both connector halves due incompatability with the loom you might as well solder the joints for quickness, cost & best conductivity - since it's all becoming non-standard anyways.

Just my two'penneth...

Offline hondatri

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »
Thanksto all who replied and offered advice and suggestions. I have replaced the Stator and Regulator  and all is now fine  and charging is back to normal. I sourced the parts on E bay from Zoom Zoom in US and their service was excellent and the price good.

Offline hondatri

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »
 Hi guys my Son is still having charging problems with his Blade We replaced the Stator and Reg but bike will only charge above 2K rpm. We are told to suspect the Rotor as these have a History. Honda gave an extended warranty with 04/05 Blades due to failing alternators, My son left his bike with a Honda Dealer and was assured the job was done. The Original Honda Service Bulletin states that both the Stator and Rotor be replaced and confirmed by a punch mark under the first letter of Vin. He checked with Honda and they informed him that the stator only had been replaced. He checked the Bike and there is no punch mark under the Vin, Honda say the extended warranty expired in 2011 but surely they should be responsable as one of their dealers did not comply with Honda Service Bulletin. Anyone got any ideas or experienced anything similar.

Offline hondatri

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
 I contacted Honda Ireland about problem but got no reply so I. sourced a Stator from the US for $90 Fitted it and all checks went well. My Son traded in the Blade for a 1200 Bandit and explained problems to the Dealer he was Happy to accept. To day 5 weeks later we got a letter from Honda to take the blade to them for inspection and they would replace Rotor and Stator free of charge  (A bit late) I wrote back explaining that my Son could not be without a Bike for that length of time without withdrawal symptoms.Thanks for all suggestions and help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal