Author Topic: oil guage location  (Read 2968 times)

donny

oil guage location
« on: July 26, 2006, 07:38:52 PM »
:blink: I see where some locate  oil guages, but what do they screw into.? ?750f has some plug at 7:00 to the points cover. What is this?? is that where they plugem into??  :S Donny

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
Re:oil guage location
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »
Hi donny, nice to have you aboard.

Photo here

The link above shows where the oil pressure gauge fits on the CB750, It's normally used to check oil pressure, but a lot of folks leave one it 'cos it looks cool. I've seen the gauges on ebay, you unscrew the plug and screw in the guage, never tried it myself, those caps are really soft so you could end up making a mess of it and never get it out.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

jimshea

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:07:02 AM »
I know a chap who has one on his bike and it is really for show more than anything else. Although they do work I do not think they are accurate!

donny

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:04:25 AM »
Howdy from Iowa, USA....I thought that was where it went, but Clymers never said what this bolt was.  I think I shall apply a guage, since my bike does not have an idiot light, nothing, so an inaccurate guage is better than none.  An oil pressure guage is inexpensive at the tractor supply store, but I probaly will need to rethread to metric. Any idea what the metric thread i on this hole ?                   thanks,  Donny     :)

donny

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »
Howdy from Iowa, USA....I thought that was where it went, but Clymers never said what this bolt was.  I think I shall apply a guage, since my bike does not have an idiot light, nothing, so an inaccurate guage is better than none.  An oil pressure guage is inexpensive at the tractor supply store, but I probaly will need to rethread to metric. Any idea what the metric thread i on this hole ?                   thanks,  Donny     :)

jimshea

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »
Sorry no idea. The guy I mentioned got his gauge from ebay for $10-15, might be worth trying that before re threading!!

CSAcavalry

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
Howdy from Virginia.
I'm planning to put an oil pressure gauge on my 750F2. An adaptor to the
crank plug you mention and then go to a stainless braided line up to
the instruments with the gauge lighted and mounted there.
Just have to figure out the mount there. VDO 2\" gauge shouldn't take up much room.

CSAcavalry

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
Howdy from Virginia.
I'm planning to put an oil pressure gauge on my 750F2. An adaptor to the
crank plug you mention and then go to a stainless braided line up to
the instruments with the gauge lighted and mounted there.
Just have to figure out the mount there. VDO 2\" gauge shouldn't take up much room.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal