Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
My new toy
« on: April 09, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
Arrived today what bliss 14 years of flippin working on my butt but no more.Got some rear end work to do Friday cant wait.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: My new toy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:00:04 PM »
Good on you. Just watch out for the down peddle, i always wield a plate over it. It stop you from accidentally stepping on it whilst working.
I don't know how you have done it all these years without one. 

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:12:25 PM »
Thanks Trig,
Thats why my back is fracked getting down no problem its getting back up its the problem.Standing fine now its all standing
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »
Bitsa, i thought your bad back was down to diving off he top of the wardrobe in you super man out fit ;)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:28:06 PM »
Trig
God I wish it was sounds more fun that way.
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »
That looks a pretty neat bit of kit, and your garage looks pristine compared to mine.

You'll need a phone box to go with the superman outfit though.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
I got one just like that in red, amazing bit of kit, i seem to remeber a great price as well
pete

Offline MarkShelley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »
The cheaper option could be to dig a trench around the bike :)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:31:37 PM »
I bought myself a hydraulc lift, my dad has had a dismembered finger mower on it for 3 years now and I still have to sit in puddles to work on the bike. Mine was £70  in a auction, I suspect if I ever actually get to put a bike on it it will prove slightly unstable as it uses parrelel arms and ghe base looks on ghe short side.... one day I plan on having a scissor action one wide enough for a sidecar. Great looking bit of kit.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:20 PM »
The whole bike can go forward another foot. Then the stand will not be on  the wheel plate ;)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Oddjob,
Trigs right I have not pushed the bike up to the stop plate.When done so the plate comes off easy.As for the height yes it goes higher I just set it to my working height,Trig the beauty of this with the down pedal it has a locking bar that goes right through to stop it coming down.I got from Matthys.net With post 460 euros I think and takes up to 1000lb.Its on wheels and a piss off piss to move it which helps me alot as I have to fit my bike,grass tractor and 2 cars in my garage that's why I have to keep it tidy k2- k6.
Cheers Lads
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal