Author Topic: Standard main jet sizes F2  (Read 1175 times)

Offline dazm

• View Profile
Standard main jet sizes F2
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:59 PM »
Hi all,

Can someone tell me what 2 sizes up would be from standard on the main jets for an F2? Running a 4 into one exhaust and pod air filters on a project and was advised by the exhaust manufacturer that that was the way to go.

Also - I need to strip the carbs to clean them, anyone know where to get replacement gasket / seal sets from?. Carbs are only 10000 miles old so won't be worn.

Many thanks Daz
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:44:41 PM by dazm »

Offline bytio

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Standard main jet sizes F2
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »
The standard settings were main jet 105 and idle 35 not sure how they will be with pod filters

Offline dazm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »
Hi Bytio ,

Thanks,

I read on another forum that the carbs on the F2 don't have adjustable needle valves ( in the traditional clip and groove sense ).
Is adjustment via a shim or some other method?.

Anyone have any tips for cleaning these carbs out, thinking I might leave them all linked up if possible ?, strip down the internals , clear out and blow through passageways using carb cleaner making sure not to miss any, any tips on how to get the outsides cleaned up , read of someone boiling theirs in lemon juice! . Could send them to get ultrasonic cleaned but would prefer to do myself.

thanks daz

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »
When cleaning the F2 carbs be sure to check the accelerator pump is working as it should ,ie squirting petrol from all 4 tiny nozels
the pump comes apart and problem can occur with the rubber diaphram, the ball bearing valves and the very tiny injector jets, (which can be taken out to be cleaned )
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal