Author Topic: Headlight and wiring loom  (Read 975 times)

Offline hunterso

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Headlight and wiring loom
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
Hi All

I've recently been correcting the HUGE amount of crappy connections, split wires and sticky electrical tape inside my headlight.

The headlight is now back on and I am almost ready to pop the loom back inside - but i have a question.

When the forks turn is the loom meant to go in and out of the headlight with that movement
OR does the loom stay at a fixed postion and bend (out side of the headlight) when the forks turn.

Hope that makes sense

If anybody has any pics where their loom enters the headlight - that would be great

Thanks

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Re: Headlight and wiring loom
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
The loom is not anchored at the headlamp bowl entry point; and so given the geometry of the steering, the angle the loom enters the 'bowl & its general stiffness of it you're bound to see it moving in & out a little. I guess on my 750 K2 it moves in & out an inch or so, whilst also flexing up & down a little at the headstock.

If you're not happy with the loom moving in & out you could perhaps route it with a more vertical approach to the headlamp bowl; ie more along the lines of typical car door loom transitions across the hinge. The pull-push would now be converted into a bending / twisting of the loom at the 90 deg upturn .... probably not as good as Honda originally planned it.

Offline hunterso

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Thanks for the info lobo

Going to see if i can sort it out this weekend

Offline MikeM

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »