Author Topic: Metallic Match for Candy Ruby Red Paint  (Read 1779 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Metallic Match for Candy Ruby Red Paint
« on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »
Hi,

My CB750K0 was painted in Candy Ruby Red by Andrew Parnaby (near Tadcaster) in 2011. He does a superb job but obviously not cheap. My '69 CB250SS (K0) needs painting soon and is two tone white  and Candy ruby red. I don't really want to go over the top, cost wise, on painting it and I do know someone locally who does paint. Anyone know if there is a modern metallic paint shade that closely matches Candy Ruby Red. I went on a cruise last month and spotted a Renault in Israel that was painted in a red which was remarkably similar. Yes I know I won't have that magic 'toffee apple' finish but I just want to get the bike finished. The tank does not have pin stripes or decals so not sure if it needs clear coat. Also in 1986 I  foolishly painted my '75 400/4 (pillion pegs on swinging arm model) in F2 Antares Red not Varnish blue. Anyone know a modern colour to match 'Varnish Blue'. I don't want to have 3 red bikes and in 2014 prefer the original blue !!

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: Metallic Match for Candy Ruby Red Paint
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »
Can't help with colours but metallic paint needs clearcoat.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »
If you have a small part that is painted you can send me I have an incredible local guy who matched the Boss Maroon Metalic with a mix of Honda and Merc car colours

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
If you have a small part that is painted you can send me I have an incredible local guy who matched the Boss Maroon Metalic with a mix of Honda and Merc car colours

Thanks for the kind offer Bryan, unfortunately all of the smaller parts have been painted either black or metallic purple. (only the fork ears and tank are in colour on the CB250K0)
There is small portion on one fork ear but too small to identify the colour. I do have a tank but its badly faded & worn and too rare and large to post.

I am sure the red is the same as the 750K0 so I could take one of the small parts into a paint supplier locally to see if they can identify it.

Cheers .. AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
One of my "bulletins" gives me a list of what colours were on what bikes but only for US models, so if the 350 came in the same colours i can search it out and scan it for you if you wish

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal