Author Topic: Project Dole Racer CB400/4  (Read 2423 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Project Dole Racer CB400/4
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
Re: The forthcoming 400/4 restoration feature in 'Classic Bike' mag. Anyone remember 'Project Dole Racer' in a magazine in the late 1980's,  as I remember?  It was painted white and made to look like a 'Mocheck Harrier'. Sadly I saw some parts from it on Ebay years ago so it's  probably scrapped now.
The donor bike was from a breakers in Holbeach (near to EMAP I think). The same magazine also featured a character 'Eric Trode' from the 'Land of the Rising Yen'. From memory, they hand painted the frame with Hammerite smooth and then sprayed it with the rattle can version to get rid of the brush marks. It also featured 'Tina Tailpipe' from memory.

Sadly my copies of the magazines are long gone.

Cheers .... AshD
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:24:14 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Project Dole Racer CB400/4
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:20:01 AM »
Well I found this link:

http://www.denoonsp.com/user/image/v2-issue1.pdf

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
I remember the Harrier. Unfortunately I've just recently recycled two boxes of MCM's.  :'(
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:18 AM »
I remember the Harrier. Unfortunately I've just recently recycled two boxes of MCM's.  :'(

Shame on you Les   ;D .. Should have recycled them on here or Ebay!!

Cheers .. Ash

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »
I'm sure that Rick Denoon is a member on here - I have certainly had email conversations with him in the past.

I signed up for his newsletters but sadly the one one this link seemed to be the only one he ever issued (?)

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
Bought 11 copies of Performances Bikes from '86 hopefully with 'Dole Racer articles in'. I will scan and put on Dropbox when I have time.

Cheers ..AshD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal